A trip to the edge of the desert, or more precisely to the Gardiole massif and the edge of the Thau lagoon... This is the experience you can enjoy during your holidays in the Archipelago with the Dromasud farm in Frontignan!
On the back of a dromedary
Accompanied by your child or alone on your saddle, your eyes lost on the sea, the Aresquiers wood, the salt marshes, the ponds and the famous Muscat vineyards, you are about to experience an unusual moment on the back of a camel in the company of Cécile.
During 1 hour (ride) or 2h30 (course), you will walk through the Gardiole massif and will be rocked by Cécile's passion for dromedaries as well as her love for the region that she has been walking since 2010, when she created the Dromasud association with Coralie.
Between pine forest and scrubland, this walk entitled "Gardiole Autrement" will allow you to fully appreciate this protected forest massif of which we tell you a little more just below.
The Gardiole massif
Nestled between Montpellier and Sète, the Gardiole massif is classified as a natural zone of ecological, faunistic and floristic interest (ZNIEFF), which is a delight for nature lovers as you can observe: warblers, green lizards...
But above all, it is a paradise for hikers, who can enjoy the paths that wind through the canyons, hills and vegetation. Among the itineraries proposed, one of them will allow you to conquer the ruins of the Saint-Félix de Montceau abbey and the breathtaking view of the Thau lagoon that it offers... A panorama similar to the one visible throughout your camel ride.
An unforgettable memory
When you return from your walk, don't hesitate to spend a few moments with your camel and reward it with a few strokes. Afterwards, you can ask Cécile any questions you may have and/or go to the farm shop to buy some camel milk soap.
To make this camel riding experience unforgettable, here are some tips:
- Camel rides are by reservation only.
- Dromedaries do not go out in the rain. If in doubt, please call before you go.
- The ride does not start from the farm, but at this address.
- For the well-being of the camels, the maximum weight per animal is 70 kg (1 adult or 1 adult + 1 child).
- Children between 3 and 5 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- The obligatory helmet is provided on site.
- In summer and winter, dress comfortably and avoid flip-flops, tank tops and shorts.